Are you up to speed on the requirements and guidelines of the AIFM Directive? Do you understand the impact the directive will have on your fund?
Join Financial Research Associates and the Hedge Fund Business Operations Association for our first ever Preparing for the AIFMD conference-- a can’t-miss event if your firm has clients in the EU or wants to market to EU investors in the future. With the July 22, 2013 AIFMD deadline quickly approaching, it is imperative your fund understand the guiding principles and rules of the directive as well as the requirements for authorization to manage EU AIFs or market non-EU AIFs in the EU.
Don’t miss out on the only event in the U.S. focusing on the AIFMD! AIFMD experts from the both the EU and U.S. will answer your tough questions and give you the information you need to start preparing for the directive. Topics to be discussed include:
- General overview: What is an AIF and who is the AIFM?
- Two-part marketing session: The impact on US managers as of July 2013 and marketing under the passport regime
- Reporting and transparency requirements under the AIFMD
- Managing funds by delegation: AIFMD delegation rules
- The changing depositary responsibilities and liabilities
- Remuneration: the requirements and guidelines
This event is part of a two-day compliance intensive. For information on day one, The FATCA Implementation Summit, click here. Register for both events to receive a discounted rate.
- What is an AIF and who are the AIFMs? What are the exemptions under the AIFMD?
- What are the requirements for the passport to be made available to non-EU AIFMs and what are the registration and compliance requirements?
- What are the differences in national private placement rules and the impact of AIFMD implementation laws on private placement rules?
- What are the reporting and transparency requirements? Why and when are additional disclosures required?
- What functions can be delegated and what are the conditions of delegation?
- Who should act as a funds depositary and what are the responsibilities of the depositary? How will prime brokers be involved?
- Which entities are subject to the remuneration requirements? Which staff?
June 18, 2013
The Princeton Club
15 West 43rd Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
New York, NY 10036
If you require overnight accommodations for this conference, please contact any of the following nearby hotels. Please note that FRA does not have a negotiated rate with any of these hotels.
Mansfield Hotel – (212) 944-6050 or Iroquois Hotel – (212) 840-3080
Royalton Hotel – (212) 869-4400 or City Club Hotel – (212) 921-5500
Algonquin Hotel – (212) 840-6800 or Sofitel Hotel – (212) 354-8844
- Hear directly from EU experts on the AIFM directive and what you need to do now to prepare
- Examine who will fall under the directive and the exemptions
- Understand the impact the directive will have on U.S. managers marketing in the EU
- Learn about the reporting and transparency requirements under the directive
- Determine what the depositary responsibilities and liabilities will be and how prime brokers will be involved
- Uncover the delegation rules and conditions
- Examine the remuneration requirements and guidelines
C-level hedge fund and private equity fund executives:
Other HF and PE professionals in charge of:
- Due Diligence
- In-house Counsel
Register Now: Space is Limited!
For more information and to register, contact Kathie Eberhard at
704-341-2439 or email@example.com. Group Discounts Available!
For speaking and sponsorship opportunities, contact Jennifer Clemence at 704-341-2438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
[+] Register Now
NEWS & FEATURED EVENTS
The 4th Annual Private Investment Funds Tax Master Class
May 16-17, 2013 — The Princeton Club, New York, NY
Ensure that your fund’s tax plan is as efficient as possible. Whether your focus is on hedge fund or private equity tax, you will be poised to bring the most efficient levels of returns...
[+] READ MORE
The Outsourced CIO Summit
June 24-25, 2013 — The Ritz-Carlton South Beach, Miami, FL
Hear form investors who have gone through the outsourcing process at the only conference of its kind. Don’t miss your chance to hear form those who’ve “been there and done that!”
[+] READ MORE
©2012 Financial Research Associates, LLC | Site Design by Web Station Inc.